- Capitalism is the exploitation of man by man; Communism is the exact opposite.
- The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.
- Socialism of any type leads to a total destruction of the human spirit and to a leveling of mankind into death.
- The bourgeoisie has stripped of its halo every occupation hitherto honored and looked up to with reverent awe. It has converted the physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage laborers.
- A society that does not recognize that each individual has values of his own which he is entitled to follow can have no respect for the dignity of the individual and cannot really know freedom.
--F. A. Hayek
David Coates argues that to win again the US centre-left must build broad class alliances that include the white poor.
A look at new data that confirms that liberals tend to be keener on health related nudges than conservatives.
How an online experiment confirms Kahneman and Tversky's findings on the framing effect.
Jeremy Stangroom looks at the curious case of the nudge that attracted the ire of the British police.
Donald Hirsch cautions against recklessness in the move to a "real living wage" policy.
Dan Hough on cultures of corruption, and how rule changes, in and of themselves, are not enough.